Miklat Recovery Society is a registered charity devoted to providing high quality, cost-effective addiction treatment to men suffering from substance use disorders. We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting intakes for our newly registered treatment facility. We aim to be a top tier supportive recovery facility in British Columbia.
Facts about our program:
• Men’s Residence. Women’s program in development, to be announced in 2021.
• Length of stay: 3 months on average, dependent on client abilities and progress. First stage only, second stage in development to be ready by second half of 2020. Aftercare is available to graduates.
• Program model: Our foundation is 12 step based, but we are holistic, encompassing biopsychosocial-spiritual, SMART, EMDR, CBT, Inner Child Work, and other therapies, in order to provide clients with the best outcome possible.
• Counsellor qualifications: Our clinical director and main counsellor, Fraser Ross, is certified through BCACC and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor. Our other counsellor, Nina Peers, is CACCF certified and uses Inner Child Work as her main therapy. Both are culturally sensitive, trauma informed and have many years of experience with addictions counselling.
• Daily life: Therapeutic community model, which includes chores, cooking, reading, group, counselling, recovery meetings (AA, NA, SMART both in-house and local area meetings), video lectures, life skills training, cultural activities, spiritual activities, and outdoor activities. We also provide a detox menu designed specifically to address poor nutrition.
• Capacity: 10 beds, 50% Ministry, 50% private pay beds.
• Private pay fee: $3,000 per month, paid monthly. Flexible payment plans are available.
• Admissions: To begin the admissions process, please call, email, or visit “Admissions” on our website to obtain the referral forms.
• Opioid Agonist Therapy: We currently accept clients prescribed Suboxone (buprenorphine), as well as Methadone. We are not currently accepting clients prescribed Kadian.
• Detox: We are currently in the process of developing an in-house detox program. Please call or email for details and availability of the program.
Brian Wiebe, Executive Director
Fraser Ross, Clinical Director
Nina Peers, Addictions Counsellor
Rob Fitzpatrick, Facility Manager